Junk Gypsee
Junk Gypsee
  • Branson, MO

Another Gender-friendly Project

I had a lot of agendas for this piece. I wanted it to be durable, flexible and gender-friendly. I spent a total of $17 for all of it, including the piece. I posted this before but lost it somehow?? I'm giving this as a gift so it made it even more fun to do.
I used chalk paint but I'm not real trusting of it..so I always give it two coats of sealer then I wax it, then I finish it off with Kiwi shoe wax.
I used scraps of gutter guard and molding I found at Home Depot in the trash bin. I already had paints that I just mixed to the colors I wanted. I paid a little for the hardware..not much. I used the 40% off coupon for Michael's. The trim inside is just construction rope that I painted and sealed. Everything is epoxied..I don't trust hot glue for long-term use projects. Anywho...here are some photos...xoxo
Another before..I turned it upside down and added hangers for the wall, but now it can stand alone, or hang, or have hooks on the sides for belts, kitchen stuff or jewelry, etc....
Here is the before
Here is the before
Photo is a little dark...but showing it being used for men.
Or...in the kitchen
Or...in the kitchen
Again, a little dark..
Again, a little dark..
Bathroom use
Bathroom use

• Phil Miller

I like the color and the screen.

• Junk Gypsee

I am thrilled, Phil, to have some male input...I want to give you guys something to have too...Not the same thing you get for every birthday, Christmas or Father's Day. This was made for a man in mind, but it is gender-friendly. You guys are awesome, but we just never know what to buy you. I will be working on more gender friendly projects..soon to come.