Backyard Fence Art

Saw some inspiration online and decided to try my hand at it. Sure brightens up the back yard!
I bought red, yellow and green paint. They didn't have ready made orange, so I had to mix the red and yellow. The whole thing took a little under 4 hours.
I found that the darker colors should go on first, and after they dry, lighter colors can be applied.
I had some brown, black and white paint already and used them for detailing the buds, and the black centers.
Little yellow dots on the black centers really popped the poppies. Don't use your best brushes, if your fence is anything like mine, it's a rough surface and it's hard on them.
I'm contemplating adding more. Would you?

3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Paulette
    Paulette

Inspired? Will you try this project?
    p
  • Ggb9536187
    Ggb9536187

Did any paint get on the othe side of fence?
    • Pam Edwards
      Pam Edwards

My neighbor wouldn't mind if it did....but it didn't. He hangs tools on the other side of the fence. It's also behind his huge garage and he doesn't even see it anyway, except when he mows.
  • Happy Days Hometalker
    Happy Days Hometalker

I sure do like it, only problem I have very little artistic talent, my flowers would end up looking like we have a pre-school, does anyone know of where to buy large decals that may work? We just moved into our " retirement " home and the back yard looks extremely boring.

• Carole Atson
      Carole Atson

I have the same problem and would also love to know where I could get a large decal or stencil 😬👍

• GrannyL
    GrannyL

Yes !! Got a new back fence last year and it looks so boring. You have given me ideas. Hope I get to paint mine. You did a beautiful job.

• Diana
    Diana

You did a beautiful job!! Love it!! Only problem I'm not as artistic as you! Is there some way to trace it onto the fence? Then color it in?