Backyard Fence Art

Saw some inspiration online and decided to try my hand at it. Sure brightens up the back yard!
I bought red, yellow and green paint. They didn't have ready made orange, so I had to mix the red and yellow. The whole thing took a little under 4 hours.
I found that the darker colors should go on first, and after they dry, lighter colors can be applied.
I had some brown, black and white paint already and used them for detailing the buds, and the black centers.
Little yellow dots on the black centers really popped the poppies. Don't use your best brushes, if your fence is anything like mine, it's a rough surface and it's hard on them.
I'm contemplating adding more. Would you?

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk

• Paulette

Inspired? Will you try this project?
    p
  • Ggb9536187

Did any paint get on the othe side of fence?
    • Pam Edwards

My neighbor wouldn't mind if it did....but it didn't. He hangs tools on the other side of the fence. It's also behind his huge garage and he doesn't even see it anyway, except when he mows.
  • Happy Days Hometalker

I sure do like it, only problem I have very little artistic talent, my flowers would end up looking like we have a pre-school, does anyone know of where to buy large decals that may work? We just moved into our " retirement " home and the back yard looks extremely boring.

• Carole Atson

I have the same problem and would also love to know where I could get a large decal or stencil 😬👍

• GrannyL

Yes !! Got a new back fence last year and it looks so boring. You have given me ideas. Hope I get to paint mine. You did a beautiful job.

• Diana

You did a beautiful job!! Love it!! Only problem I'm not as artistic as you! Is there some way to trace it onto the fence? Then color it in?