Melissa K
Melissa K
  • Blythewood, SC

Reclalimed church pew

Linda VellucciNicol DietzKelly F
+4

I have a reclaimed church pew that someone painted white ages ago. Paint peeling, but it is sitting on my deck in need of refurbishing. I want it to remain on the deck. What protectant do I use to make it weatherproof?
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.

After the failed coating is removed, a good exterior paint will give the most protection, that is after proper prep and priming.

• Melissa K

Thank you

• Kelly F

If it is wood and not painted you can use CWF clear. Just reapply every couple of years. I love that stuff!~

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

That's a great idea Kelly for keeping the natural look. CP

• Kelly F

Yes, I prefer the natural wood. :) CWF goes on rather thick and it's what I use for my outdoor projects. It goes on kind of orange but dries very clear and really protects the wood. Just make sure you get CLEAR CWF. I even use it on my log and slab tables etc that I built to leave outside. :)

• Nicol Dietz

I have a similar question. I have a set of wicker chairs from pier one from yrs ago. I want to now put them outside. Is there anything I can do?

• Linda Vellucci

if they are slacking from use, take them outside, put the hose on and soak them. allow to dry in the sun where it will shrink back into it's original shape. After that, I can only guess to spray paint with something waterproof????