There's Unicorn SPiT in Our Loo and I Love It!!

$20

I'm not sure if you've heard of Unicorn SPiT? It's a water based, non toxic, vibrant colored gel stain and glaze that smells yummy and OMW this stuff is awesome. We made this little cupboard for our fairy loo and it's perfect.
I ordered mine online and it arrived last weekend and I couldn't wait to try it. Lucky for me we have lots of pallets lying around........ LOTS!!!!
I got hubby to tear some apart for me while I drew a quick sketch of a small bathroom cupboard that could hold spare toilet rolls. After all the bits had been cut, we sanded the pallets until they were free of splinters.
Now I was finally ready to start SPiTting!! I stained the out edges of the wood using a water based wood sealer, waited for the sealer to dry, gave the wood a light spritz of water and then got dirty smudging all those beautiful colors together.
My hands look like I might have some dragon blood in me but I smell divine, lol!! Look at those beautiful colors.
Here's another view. The pallet bits are the same vibrant, gorgeous color as the paint in the bottles of Unicorn SPiT.
Once everything had been stained I could put the little cupboard together. The thing I love most about pallets is that they are bent and damaged. They have their own character. The middle piece in the pic below had been attacked by bugs and I could never reproduce what Mother Nature did so beautifully with her creepy crawlies so I decided to use it as a focal point for the cupboard door.
I heard somewhere that unicorn's aren't too keen about man made materials so I decided to use a branch instead of the silver handle shown above. I just used the box that the Unicorn SPiT came in to figure out what angle to cut the branch and then screwed it into the door.
Now there's a little Unicorn SPiT in our loo and I cannot wait to get my hands dirty again. To see the full tutorial on how we made the cupboard and used Unicorn SPiT to stain the wood come say hi on the blog.

Michelle Leslie

• Roberta L Preston

Ok, I give. What is unicorn spit? And yes, your cubboard is awesome.

• Deb

I love the Unicorn Spit. I use it when I refinish furniture, making signs or old frames. Possibilities are endless

• Sunny

Love the whole room! But is the top of the middle board part of the pallet board? I can't quite see from the picture. Love the little man!

• Michelle Leslie

Hey there Sunny. Yes the top of the middle board is part of the pallet. It was chewed by insects and I just loved how natural it looked

• Holly Cooley

Did you do anything to the wood to make sure there were no more wood eating critters imbedded in the wood before painting?