DIY Mason Jar Solar Lights

Solar lights are inexpensive and really beautiful in the garden. Here's is how you do it!
First gather your supplies. I purchased my solar lights at WalMart, the bailing wire at Home Depot, and the Ball jars through Amazon.com. (Just use a Classico Tomato Sauce Jar instead!)
Use the bailing wire to create a simple loop to hang your lantern. Go around the rim of the jar, create a loop, go over the top and twist on the other side.
I used a Classico Tomato Sauce jar lid because it fits a Ball jar perfectly and it is easy to cut with kitchen shears. Spray paint if you're fancy. (I am)
Take apart the solar light. It is really easy they just come right off the stake. Then use E-600 to glue the light to the inside of the Classico Lid.
See how easy it is!
I attached one to each fence post! It looks really beautiful at night, and pretty in the daytime too!
Here is the finished product! **Tip!! I dropped an additional solar light into the bottom of the jar as well. It gives light from the top and bottom. I just take them out once a week and flip them over for sun and they re-charge.

21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
ThriftDee

• Bebe
    Bebe

very clever. I like

• GMS
    GMS

I assume you could just buy the cheaper solar lights from a dollar store for this purpose :)

• Karen
      Karen

You can get individual solar lights at Walmart for . 97 or if your doing a bunch of the mason jar lights they also sell the same solar lights in a 12 pk. box for $9.9?.