Gift Wrapping Center

$200.00

I have a lot of wrapping paper, mostly Christmas. My husband and I have been organizing my craft room and wanted to make an area dedicated to gift wrapping. This is what we did.
We started with purchasing a set of drawers from Home Depot. I wanted to be able to store my bows, tissue paper, tags, tape, scissors, gift bags, boxes and wrapping paper, etc. in one place. The drawers are perfect for storing the bows and small items.
We wanted to be able to move the cabinet if we need to so we built it into three different parts. This is the portion that stores the wrapping paper. We made three sections at different levels to accommodate the different lengths the rolls of wrapping paper come in. We used melamine covered wood from Home Depot to build each components.
Here is a top view of the wrapping paper storage. you can see that there are three different sections.
We then built a component to surround the set of drawers. It gives me a large surface to wrap gifts on and cubbies on the side for storing boxes, etc.
We built a hinged lid to cover the wrapping paper and slid the drawers into place.
Here is the completed project stocked and ready to be used. The bottom two drawers are filled with bows. The top drawer stores tissue paper, tape, tags, scissors and other odds and ends. Gift bags are stored on top of the drawers and boxes in the cubbies on the side. We built a ribbon carousel to organize and store the ribbon. Check it out on another post.

• 1 set of base drawers  (Home Depot)
  • Melamine covered boards  (Home Depot)
  • 2 cabinet hinges  (Home Depot)

• Thalia Kottke

That is incredible. What are you going to do above the cabinet?

• Kimberly Young

We haven't decided yet. Possibly, an upper cabinet or shelving for additional storage. It in my craft room and you can never have too much storage! Our next project will be a new cutting/craft table.

• Marion Lansford

What type/brand of drawers did you get so that I can look at them online?

• Carla

I would like to know how to make that darling ribbon holder on the cabinet. That is if you would be willing to share. I can see how to make, but not completly sure how you get the top off to add ribbon. Thanks a MUCH Carla

• Carla

Thank you for the come back. I wish I had a craft room, I share my crafts with the washer and dryer. Happy crafting

• Sirkku

Looks great, thanks for sharing

• Varietyvintage

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely try this. I have a couple of vintage style 2 drawer file cabinets, that would work, I guess.