Victoria B
Victoria B
  • Spring Grove, PA

i installed a gorgeous pond and have a rock waterfall at the end ... my dilemma is the ugly blue plastic barrel filtrati

Karrie BPamDouglas Hunt
+1

i installed a gorgeous pond in my back yard with a rock waterfall, my dilemma is the ugly barrel filtration system behind it... i was thinking about painting it to look like rocks and adding a roof to it to look like a wishing well or paint it from its ugly blue and top it with a bird bath top any other suggestions?
  • 3po3

Do you have a photo? I think that might help with suggestions.

A photo would help. How far away is it from the pond? Perhaps some water-loving screening plants would help hide it.

• Pam

You could try to make a hollow faux rock to cover the monstracity. I've seen them made with chicken coop wire and styrofoam underneath. Build with cement mixed with pearlite or whatever that lightwieght concrete filler is and put on your gloves and start creating rock. You can even spray concrete stain and rub here and there to create coloring and shading on your rock. Once done, you can cover the system and remove it to get to the workings. No one is the wiser.

• Karrie B

The Idea of a wishong well is cute, but might take a way from your pond. How about making a wooden box, painted and then place potted plants on and around the box, You may need to drill holes in the back of the box so the filter can breath.