Maria
Maria
  • Marietta, GA

How do I find out whether tempered glass for replacement windows is a requirement where I live (Cobb County, GA)?

MariaHandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLCWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
+1

• 3po3

This often depends on the placement of the windows, ie, how close to the ground, etc. Call or email your code enforcement office: http://comdev.cobbcountyga.gov/code.htm

• Tempered glass must be installed in stairwells, windows that come down to the floor level, within bathrooms and on doors. Where exactly are you concerned about that may need this. Pretty much anywhere someone who could fall into the window is a place in which this most likely will require this type of pane.

• Check with your local building inspector...where are you planning to install the windows? As Woodbridge says - it's a requirement pretty much wherever someone might fall and go through the glass....sidelights at front door, windows around a bathtub...

• Maria

Thank you all. Looks like most of the windows need it downstairs and in the master as they all come to ground level. I'll also check with code enforcement.