White Oak Studio Designs
White Oak Studio Designs
  • Pullman, MI

5-drawer Dresser Transformation

This tulip poplar 1950'/60's dresser was gifted to me (see the "Before" in the last photo.) I wanted to make something special out of it. Using chalk paint and stain I transformed a blah into a pizazz! My husband glued and sanded and I painted/stained/waxed/styled and photographed this dresser and placed it on my blog. Wouldn't this piece look great in cottage or a child's room that needed more storage? The bright lime color energizes me.
Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SWMichiganHand-Painted Vintage Furniture Transformations
Blog: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.comFacebook: donnaallgaierlamberti@facebook.com (for portfolioof chalk painted work)
The final drawer of this chalk painted needs a bit more gluing and sanding but you get the idea.
I like the cast metal, shield-shaped drawer pulls so cleaned and waxed them and put them back on.
Not a bad wood grain for a lesser quality wood. Stained in Minwax Jacobean stain and seal.
I lined the drawers using a blue/green vintage looking flower print wrapping paper.
This is a photo of the dresser "Before."