Lisa M
Lisa M
  • Alpharetta, GA

I have a patio below a wood deck. When it rains it drips thru the deck onto patio.Ideas to keep patio dry inexpensively?

Gary StenzelKelly MillerWahoo Decks
+4

Patio is concrete and would like to enjoy it without soaking furniture and all below
  • Here is one system that works well. http://www.drysnap.com/ There are many ways to do this. You can purchase fiberglass panels from your big box store in the roofing area. These wavy panels can be fastened below the deck area and pitched to act like a roof to divert the water out and away from the patio below. Just be sure to allow for some access in order to remove leaves and debris that will collect on this surface.

• Dry-b-low is a local vendor who install an under-deck system....they do a awesome job but it isn't cheap. I know that they give free quotes. As Woody mentions, the big boxes sell some do-it-yourself stuff but they do tend to leak from what I have seen

• Miriam I

I sent this to Jeff from RainAway Deck Drain Systems. He's a great guy. Here is a link to their profile: http://www.hometalk.com/member/o30wk2jkxw

• RainAway Deck Drain Systems

Hello Lisa, my company has been solving problems like yours for over 17 years. The solution is a RainAway Deck Drain System. It will capture all of the water that comes through your deck and drain it away from the house- keeping your concrete living area below nice and dry. Feel free to check out our website and call if we can help... www.rainaway.com

• Wahoo Decks

Hi Lisa, Were you able to find a solution for your deck?

• Kelly Miller

Hi Lisa did you find a solution????

• Gary Stenzel

When we lived in Ohio we had a deck like that. We built a below the deck "roof" with 2X4 lumber and galvanized corrugated sheet metal. Worked great, nothing ever got wet. You could use those corrugated fiberglass panels if you like the light coming through. The fact that the whole thing is shaded by the deck means that whatever you cover it with wont get ruined by the sun. Lasts a long time.