Susan Ziemak
Susan Ziemak
  • Wellsboro, PA

Curtain length

SLS Construction & Building Solutions LLCSusan ZiemakBarbara Thomas

I have a new Lvg rm 24x 24 - I have 2 windows on each wall (there is a stair wall, too) On the front of the LR is a French door and on the opposite side is another French door - one dble hung window on either side of the fr doors. What length curtain would u use?
  • Barbara Thomas

I always hang my curtains ceiling to floor. It gives great dimension to the room. In one room, I used a flounce at the ceiling and put my curtain rod starting just under the bottom of the flounce to get the length I wanted. Double rods for panels and sheers work just under a ceiling hung flounce that's extended out a bit further. I love the look.

• Susan Ziemak

nice idea thx

• Floor length works & same with 6" below the window - if you want to see how it looks for your setting grab a couple of sheets & a few thumb tacks - start with floor length, if that works go for it, if it doesn't pin them up a bit & see which you like better