Jackie T
Jackie T
  • Tuscaloosa, AL

Patio

$100

A few tweaks and I'm done ... feel free to offer suggestions. I'm so surprised I made it this far. We have been working on this house since 2009 (ok, some of it has been correcting previous bad choices) (teehee)
After - View from Backyard
After - View from Backyard
Before ...  I actually created that monster of an extension. Hey, I tried.
Before ... I actually created that monster of an extension. Hey, I tried.
My son removing it.  Repurposed  broken bricks and concrete into a border around flowerbeds
My son removing it. Repurposed broken bricks and concrete into a border around flowerbeds
Added stepping stones instead for the extension
Got to work on removing the Vinyl cover from 1960 something
My son working into the night painting the patio floor (What? his parents painted the house, so why not?) :)
Glidden Brown .. 2 Gallons $31 ea. Extra plants from Lowes (not including New House Paint)
Finished! - View from Backyard .. Yes, I do need to install a Fence Panel in the Back, like I have in the Front.
I purchased the Umbrella with Lights from Wal-Mart ... $98
Close up view from Front and my lovely "Watch Your Step" concrete expansion issue.  Thinking about removing concrete and installing stepping stones or just having concrete height difference "adjusted"
Close up view from Front and my lovely "Watch Your Step" concrete expansion issue. Thinking about removing concrete and installing stepping stones or just having concrete height difference "adjusted"
Master bedroom side of house (formerly The Carport and Storage Room)  recently turned Storage Room from Closet to Master Bathroom
Master bedroom side of house (formerly The Carport and Storage Room) recently turned Storage Room from Closet to Master Bathroom
I loooove opening my bedroom door and seeing "Marge and Stan"  I love them
I loooove opening my bedroom door and seeing "Marge and Stan" I love them
Tried to get a Closer shot of what it looks like from the front ...

Jackie T

• Christine P

Perhaps. I guess you just have to wait and see. In my opinion a lghter color would not absorb as much heat. Good luck with that and once again great job on the transformation. it looks great!!!

• Wowhavs

Maybe you could use "Leveling Cement" in the front walkway to make all level.