Fold up Craft Table and Storage Shelves.

This is my version of the craft table that my daughter pinned from Inspiration file: Built-in Craft Table via Bubblewrapp’d for me to build her. Some things are a little different but I built it to work in her house.
fold up craft table and storage shelves, painted furniture, shelving ideas, storage ideas, This is with it opened from the front
This is with it opened from the front.
fold up craft table and storage shelves, painted furniture, shelving ideas, storage ideas, This is a side view when opened
This is a side view when opened.
fold up craft table and storage shelves, painted furniture, shelving ideas, storage ideas, This is with it closed and locked
This is with it closed and locked.
fold up craft table and storage shelves, painted furniture, shelving ideas, storage ideas, Front view closed
Front view closed.
fold up craft table and storage shelves, painted furniture, shelving ideas, storage ideas, This is the side view closed
This is the side view closed.

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 5 questions

Comments

2 of 23 comments
  • Beverly Linkhart Beverly Linkhart on Mar 11, 2017
    i love this idea. What I would love even more is to have something like this built into the back of a murphy bed so that I could easily convert my craft room into a guest room
  • Roger S Roger S on Mar 01, 2021

Wall box: Top and bottom pieces- 36" Sides- 35 1/4" x 5 1/2" wide (1 x 6) Table: 34 1/4" w x 35" l Exterior frame: Top and bottom pieces- 36" x 2 1/4" (long point to long point) sides- 36 3/4" x2 1/4" w (long point to long point). Rip a 1 x 4 to get these pieces. Legs/center frame: Top and bottom pieces 31 1/4" x 3 1/2" ({2}1 x 4's) sides- 24 1/4" x 3 1/2" ({2}1 x 4's) leg frame trim: Top and bottom- 31 1/4"(long point to long point) x 1 1/4" wide (1x4) sides- 31 1/4" (long point to long point) x 1 1/4" wide (1 x 4) **For these pieces, use the drop offs from the exterior frame cuts. Shelves: Sides- 35 1/4" l x 2 3/4" w (x 2) Shelves 32 7/8" x 2 3/4" w ( x 4) Space shelves according to your needs. For the exact spacing on my table, from the top of the shelf sides, measure down 5" to the top of the first shelf, then 10 3/4" to the top of the next shelf, and then 16 1/2" to the top of the next shelf, and then 25" to the top of the last shelf. Dowels- 34" x 3/8" (x 4) *From top of shelves measure up 1 3/8" to the center, and back 1/4" to the center. *Last shelf, measure up 2 3/8" to the center, and 1/4" back to the center. *For the lock use a standard window lock. This will mount on the top and hold the table closed. I added a Bullitt catch to the leg frame at the bottom to make sure the leg closed when it was stored. COPIED FROM BUBBLEWRAPPD.BLOGSPOT.COM Happy building

Next