Roger S
Roger S
  • Mooresboro, NC

Fold up Craft Table and Storage Shelves.

This is my version of the craft table that my daughter pinned from Inspiration file: Built-in Craft Table via Bubblewrapp’d for me to build her. Some things are a little different but I built it to work in her house.
This is with it opened from the front.
This is with it opened from the front.
This is a side view when opened.
This is a side view when opened.
This is with it closed and locked.
This is with it closed and locked.
Front view closed.
Front view closed.
This is the side view closed.
This is the side view closed.

• Gloria Bienek

Am thinking to use this more as a clothes/ folding table in my utility room . Great Idea!! It cld double tho as a gift wrap table too, tho! I wold have to mount mine so that it wld fit high enough so that when folded out, it wld lay (almost) directly on top of my ironing board which stays up at all times! I guess this would be possible. Any suggestions??

• Roger S

I tried to answer this before and I do not know what happened to it. That sounds like a good idea! Just adjust the side measurements and the side leg of the picture frame leg to the height you need for your Ironing board to sit just under the table and this should work well. This will let you mount it on the wall and it will work with or without the ironing board. You can adjust the shelf height to allow for your iron to sit on one of the shelves when you store it along with other items you need. If you want to use it for gift wrapping you could adjust the retainer rods on the shelves to hold your wrapping paper and ribbon. Just move them back so they will clear the door when it is shut. Have fun building your own version and post pictures so we can see how it turned out.

• Gloria Bienek

• Roger S

• Charlotte Christensen

could you give detailed instructions? My husband wants to make one for our daughter's laundry room! Needs dimensions.....

• Roger S

Charlotte if you check my comments on an earlier post you will find all you should need to build one. Comment on January 14 I give full details have fun building one.

• Sho8814763

Could this also be an ironing table? I would have to put some type of protective padding over the wood but I think it would be worth it . What do you think?

• Roger S

If you places a towel on it you could iron on it and not hurt the wood also you could store your supplies in side if the iron will fit.

• Sho8814763

Thanks for the quick answer. I'm going to attempt to make the table with a little help from my friends. Happy holiday.

• Susie Smith Sabini

Love this project ! Just what I’m looking for. Can’t find any earlier posts with dimensions and details to build. Can you repost please. Thanks