Rachel
Rachel
  • Mesa, AZ

Colorful Galley Kitchen

We live in a 1969 ranch, so we have a very small galley kitchen. I had to come up with cute ways to maximize the space that we did have.
colorful galley kitchen, home decor, kitchen design, wall decor
I hung a cute green shelf under one of the cabinets to hold/display my grandmother's vintage cookie cutters. Since we only have three drawers in this kitchen I had to get creative. An old metal basket with rubber feet holds clean dish towels and a vintage drawer that I painted aqua corrals eating utensils in mason jars.
Since I do not have space on the counter for a paper towel holder, this shelf with towel rod works perfectly above the sink.
This stool on the counter idea was one of those random ideas that hit me in the middle of the night....don't you just love those. :) The canisters on the bottom hold everyday essentials like tea bags....and mama's chocolate for days that are less than stellar. :) I found the cute owl utensil holder at Cost Plus World Market quite a while ago. The little four drawer cabinet holds a kitchen timer, recipe cards and the stray phone charger cords.
This wall is the perfect spot to hang my vintage aprons, kitchen clock and various other reminders. For years I have been on the look out for a retro kitchen stool with a price tag that I can afford....this would be the perfect place for it.

• Sal28420953

Where did you get the towel rack shelf, the green shelf, the stool, and the four drawers?
    • Rachel

Everything was either a thrift store find or a hand-me-down. :)
  • Sis hubbard

Where did you get the clock from?

• Cheryl Baar

I love to your recycling of things you love every time you look at them it has to put you in your happy place. Great ideas how to take something that wasn't working and make it work just for you. Your kitchen is beautiful.
  • Pat Laird

Its so cute but do u have a coffee maker?