I have a spiral staircase how do I replace it with regular wood one?

Susan EDORLISEugenia Read
+3

I really dont have much room to work with.It goes down from my living room to a bedroom.
  • KMS Woodworks

replace with a wood spiral or convert to a regular lineal staircase? to convert to a regular stair case you will need to have "stringers" installed. These will take up a bit more space. Stairs have some pretty tricky code requirements...I would recommend you get some pro help on this one.

• Wanda sinnema

Vicki, I pretty much was going to agree with KMS. Are you talking about getting rid of the spiral, or just the going to wood. If you are going to get rid of the spiral, conventional do take up more space. Sometime a a landing and a turn is required if space is tight. This is often why spiral is used when space it tight..

• Omniman

Need more info

• Eugenia Read

A picture would be helpful.

• DORLIS

I would keep the spiral and make wood steps. I love spirals because they take up less space and so graceful looking

• Susan E

So, @Vickie Buchanan what did you do?