Creatively Living
Creatively Living
  • Richland, WA

Wine Jugs and Jute

Do you have some old wine jugs laying around? Or do you see them out while thrifting and think....those look cool, but what would I do with them? Well, here's an answer; Turn them into jute vases!
http://blah2beautiful.blogspot.com/2012/05/wine-jugs-and-jute.html
wine jugs and jute, crafts, repurposing upcycling
Here is the finished project. These would be great for seasonal decor or for a gift. I gave one to a friend and used one with some fall leaves for some autumn decor.
I started with some wine jugs a friend didn't want anymore. One person's trash is another one's treasure....right?
I had some extra jute twine, so I hot glued it on the jug....top and bottom. Leaving the middle exposed.
Next, I printed off a "No 1" from my computer. I wasn't sure how to tastefully attach it, so I used it to trace on the jug with a permeant marker.
The last step is to add some flowers, leaves, or decorative branches! This project is pretty easy and will add something beautiful and unique to your decor.
Creatively Living

• Gwen

Does anyone know how much it would take off your resale value if you put shuttered bi fold doors on a very small half bath, in the master bedroom?

• Creatively Living

@Gphillips That's a good question. It would be cute. I suppose if there was a way to lock the bi-folds then it would probably be all the same for resale, but I'm no resale expert. If you have a realtor to ask, they would probably know more than me about that. Best of luck!

• Nancy King Cornett

I would just keep the door. Then if you wanted to sell you can just replace the bifold so with the old door.