Farmhouse Style Bedroom Decor

Get the Farmhouse Decor look for a fraction of the cost! Learn how to create the look yourself including a DIY Shiplap Wall for under $40 and a $10 painted brass headboard! Add fun accessories to create the Farmhouse Style Bedroom of your dreams!
Like many others who love decorating - I am in love with Farmhouse Decor. I always have been. And having shows like Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanna Gaines to watch inspires me even more.
First, let me begin by saying that moving whole rooms around in our home has become quite the event lately. It all began when we moved the Living Room into the Dining Room and turned the Living Room into a Studio. Then several months ago, we moved my husband's office into the basement. However, then our oldest son decided he wanted to have a space in the basement, so my son and husband swapped rooms. And my husband's office ended up in this bedroom.
After watching so many Fixer Upper episodes, we knew we wanted a wall with shiplap boards on it. But "real" shiplap is pretty expensive. So my husband figured out a way to create the shiplap wall for under $40. READ the TUTORIAL here > http://www.hometalk.com/17827315/shiplap-wall-for-under-40
Then after the painting was done, it was time to begin pulling together all the farmhouse decor.
We hung two floating shelves. Instead of adding photos, I wanted to bring in some fresh plants to the bedroom.

Hoosier Homemade

• Mary Fialho Smith

I love the look of this bedroom ......I have spent two years looking for that beach bicycle pillow!!!' Where can I find one? Or perhaps the manufactures name off the tag? Thanks smith3586@global.net

• Lyn

Yes, I found mine at Walmart about a year or so ago

• 2016815711

I love the look of this room! Mind if I ask where you found the bicycle pillow?

• Syl8077033

love the pillow where did you get that?

• Hoosier Homemade

All of the information on the products in the room are in the post. Everything is from the Better Homes and Gardens line at Walmart.

• Joanie

I believe you said your bed was brass. Iron beds were the rage.....well, maybe that was all they had, back many moons ago, but I sure love them and yours too!!
  • Robbie

I have an old wooden laminated lowboy. I'm desperate to change it so can I paint over it? Tia