Asked on Jun 19, 2016

Suggestions? Cleaning carpet under immovable king bed

Nancy BucioMike LiuCarolyn Benavidez
+16

My vacuum attachment doesn't reach all the way under my bed. I can't afford a Zoomba so I need suggestions about how to tackle this job.
  • Patricia Prinkey
    Patricia Prinkey

You can roll up newspaper in a tube to fit the vacuum hose and clean from there OR if you have left over tubing from wrapping paper, you can attach using duct tape. The longer you make the tube the less vacuum you will have at least I think so...

• Jean Myles
    Jean Myles

I also use the long tube attached to the wand of the vacuum under my fridge. Good luck

• Kim Leger
    Kim Leger

I use a washable lint roller on a broom stick. It gets dust bunnies, dirt, dust and then I can rinse the lint roller off for more under furniture cleaning

• Jim L
    Jim L

Go to your vacuum cleaner store and buy an extra wand...it is worth the money.

• Rose
    Rose

If you can't move the bed because it is too heavy, get some furniture 'sliders' at Walmart. Get someone to help you place one under the four feet of the bed, and then you can literally slide the entire bed easily. ....and then vacuum the area well. I use these sliders to move lots of large items that otherwise cannot be moved. Good luck!

• Angel
    Angel

Just attach a lint roller to a stick and roll under the bed. Pull out occasionally, tear off "used" piece and roll again.

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S

You can always use my method. I am 75 and can no longer get down on the floor to do these sorts of things. (And I am too embarassed to hire anyone to see my mess) So I am willing my dust bunnies to my kids! LOL

• Jennie Lee
    Jennie Lee

If an extra section of wand is expensive or unattainable, I've wondered if you couldn't take your attachments to a store like Lowe's and find a piece of PVC or other pipe that would work.

• Jill Kinkade
    Jill Kinkade

Use the wand implement that came with your vacuum. If you vac doesn't have one you can probably buy that particular attachment. The wand will be "stiff" enough for maneuverability so you'll be able to get to all the spots under the bed.

• Arthur W
    Arthur W

Take the mattress & box springs off & you can clean

• Val Davis
    Val Davis

Try easing a shallow metal dish under each leg and the bed may slide. Works on my king size wooden frame bed. I used 4 cat saucers and polished the bottoms to make them more slippery.

• Lynne Henry Courtney
    Lynne Henry Courtney

Grab the cardboard tube from the middle of a roll of wrapping paper and slide that over the end of your vacuum's wand (tape on if necessary to create a good seal) - that will extend your reach by 2-3', depending on the length of the tube, and it will be somewhat flexible (just don't bend it hard as that will cut off the suction).

• Mark
    Mark

Grab a wet vac with blower feature and blow it all out. You could use a gas powered blower, but make sure the room is vented because of fumes. After you blow it all out, you'll have to clean the rest of the room as it will be everywhere, lol.
  • Irene Milman
    Irene Milman

I move the mattress to one side about halfway, then remove the box spring, and I am left with exposed carpeting which I vacuum by placing my upright vacuum cleaner inside the bed frame. The spaces that I am unable to reach this way I vacuum with an extension tube. Then I replace the box spring, move the mattress back and do the same thing on the opposite side. It is a lot of work, but every few months I just have to do it because my long haired cat loves to sleep under my bed. I want it to be clean for him and remove all the hair and dust that collects there.

• Liza Taouk
    Liza Taouk

Add a rug underneath your bed and just move your rug out and vacuum the rug when needed! Also looks nice 👍🏼

• Carolyn Benavidez
    Carolyn Benavidez

Once it is clean put a large flat king size bed sheet under from post to post and it will collect the dust then when you get ready you can just pull the sheet out with dust on it. Shake out dust and replace the sheet, you may need a little help to put sheet back in place

• Mike Liu
    Mike Liu

Use vacuum cleaner we provide best quality vacuum cleaners Dyson Cinetic Big-ball animal plus allergy vacuum review

• Nancy Bucio
    Nancy Bucio

Awesome! No words. You always go one step beyond.

There is so much great, useful information here. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Read our guide if you wish.

bestvacuuming blog

Thanks again :)