Xiomara L
Xiomara L
  • Cape Coral, FL

How to get rid off centipedes inside your home.

Xiomara LKatherine Butler JohnsonWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
+3

Today my daughter found this insect inside one of ther rooms where her little daugther plays, she was told it is a centipede. Any tips to get rid of them? Thanks,
how to get rid off centipedes inside your home, pest control
  • Jim G

we live near water and woods! I spray about every 2-3 months outside my house foundation with this Spider / Bug spray to protect the barrier. For the most part it seems to work pretty well. started doing this since I lived in LA = Lower Alabama 29 years ago and Hawaii, BOTH places have LOTS of bugs and spiders and roaches. Working since!

• Sherrie

I live in Missouri and find these in the basements of everyone's homes that have a lot of moisture, I let them know so they can also spray. Here it lasts about 6 months. I hate them.

• Julie

We keep a dehumidifyer running in our basement area during summer months. Centipedes don't hang around if you remove humidity from your basement. Works great!

• As Julie suggested dry climates lower the likelihood of creepy crawlers in a home. Regardless if your on a slab or have a basement or crawl space. But even dry homes will get a few from time to time when they loose their way. A topical exterior spray as Jim G stated will help if the dry air does not stop them.

• Katherine Butler Johnson

I found a sites that said to use Dawn and water...and pour it all around the outside of the house after removing the mulch that was close to the outside wall...I do this once a month all spring and summer and I have only found 3 in the house and for me that is wonderful. I use spray the dawn all around the perimenter and then hose it to a foam...let it dry...it also helps with the stink bugs.

• Xiomara L

Thank you!