Gennie A
Gennie A
  • Santa Fe, NM

I'm having difficulty finding french closet doors to replace my bi-fold doors in my master bedroom. Any suggestions?

Therese CKMS WoodworksGennie A
+12

• KMS Woodworks

Do you have some odd ball size? Most home center stock the more common sizes, and can order many other less common ones.

• Its not uncommon not to have a standard size opening in many homes. I run into this all the time when I do renovations. If over sized doors cannot be cut down, you can either make the opening smaller, or have custom sized doors made. Home centers can order these custom sizes for you, but be prepared as they tend to be a bit on the expensive side.

• Melissa K

I am having the same problem. My closet doors seem to of an unusual size and the box stores do not stock these sizes. I'll lok into resizing my openings. Thsnks Woodbridge.

• Kelly F

I got mine at Lowes.

• Gennie A

My son found them online at Home Depot and Lowes, but can you believe the Santa Fe stores don't carry them? Thanks for your help.

• Kelly F

Glad you found them. :)

• KMS Woodworks

did you try the lowe's up in Espanola ...I've used them when getting some stuff for our cabin build in Tres Piedras.

• Gennie A

I think I will try the Espanola store. Thanks for the idea

• Therese C

I just replaced my bi-fold doors in the master bedroom with sliding Shoji doors that I built. I found that it saved me a lot of space to slide them back and forth rather than open them out. They look very sleek and modern!

• KMS Woodworks

Therese C...Can you post some pics of your Shoji doors? I'm sure others would love to see them too.

• Gennie A

thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't thought of Shoji doors. I'd love to see a picture too.

• Therese C

my bedroom doors are just like this, but black. I will post actual photos of my closets as soon as the entire master bedroom remodel is finished and the doors are hung. These were very easy to build.

i m having difficulty finding french closet doors to replace my bi fold doors in my, bedroom ideas, doors, Mine are like the 2 on the left and slide without any noise on their tracks Unfortunately I had to take them back down while I finish the rest of the bedroom
  • KMS Woodworks

Nice...thanks for posting

• Therese C

Thanks KMS! Anyone interested in building Shoji doors or screens, here is a tip. They normally call for rice or Mulberry paper to be used and that is VERY expensive and intricate to work with (ie the spraying and drying & stretching, etc..)... I actually used standard Parchment paper that is used for baking. The results are the same and if they should get torn, very easy and cheap to replace.