5 Fun Ways to Use Coffee Grounds in the Garden

30K Views
Back in the day, when I used to run a coffee shop, we used to bag up all of our used coffee grounds and put them beside the door for our customers to take home and use in the garden. It was a busy coffee shop and we went through a lot of coffee, but we could never seem to keep that bin of old coffee grounds full. As soon as we put some out, they were gone. Some customers would see how popular they were and ask us how they could use them too. We used to always say that they were really good for roses, but there are a lot of other great uses for them in the garden too!
  • 5 fun ways to use coffee grounds in the garden, composting, gardening, go green, homesteading
We used to always say that they were really good for roses, but there are a lot of other great uses for them in the garden too!
Did you know that your coffee grounds work great in the veggie patch!? I'll bet you can't guess why, but that you will be totally amazed when you find out!
[Psst! Love gardening? Check out this Old Shoe Rack Turned Gardening and Tool Stand!]
Coffee grounds can be used to deter rabbits and deer!
Coffee grounds are great for flowering shrubs, such as lilacs and hydrangeas to keep them healthy and strong and extra happy!
[Hey! Love lilacs? Check out Why Lilacs are Awesome!]

Suggested materials for this project:

CreekLineHouse .

• Cheryl
      Cheryl Louisville, KY

Coffee grounds will also get rid of cats, digging around gardens. I also add them to my garden to help aerate the soil. Works great.

• Wlg29973425
        Wlg29973425

I use a mixture of coffee grounds and crushed egg shells around my tomato plants. The results are amazing. They grow and produce like crazy! The combination is also a good deterrent for grubs.