From Twin Bed to Day Bed in Just 2 Hours.

In my tiny apartment, I chose to sleep in the living room and converted my bedroom into a "croffice" or "craft room/office". I didn't want the room to look like a bedroom so I did this.
I recently moved into my own place after 28 months of home sharing. The apartment is tiny, so I gave up my bedroom for my "Croffice" or 'craft room/office'. I found I enjoy sleeping in the living room. I can stay up a bit and not disturb the lady below me.
It took just about $15.00 and 2 hours of work for the conversion.
The first step was to move the bed as close to the baseboard heaters as I could. I use a radiant heater so the baseboards are shut off. That left a gap to fill in; which I did with some foam I found at my donation station in my complex's clubhouse.
I then bought 8 pillows and a dust ruffle, and a piece of memory foam that was a gift with the bed.
I took off the mattress, put on the dust ruffle, then put the memory foam on the mattress, then the flannel sheet. Next was the comforter, centered just right.
Then, the pillows were inserted into their shams/cases. Some of the matching shams were king sized, so I was able to fit two throw pillows in each, side by side.
Arranging them to coordinate but not "match" was easy enough. Then, to 'stage' it a bit I used a table top tray and an old afghan with a matching cup.
The only thing missing was a plate of cookies!
To keep every thing pretty and minimize the work, I throw a sheet down and a comforter on me and sleep like a baby!

• Twin Bed  (Had it from my move.)
  • Dust ruffle and comforter  (Bought at thrift store)

• Bonbon

Bonbon again

Hi again Sandra. I have lost your croffice for the 3rd time. Wish my daughter lived closer than 6 hrs away. I got to spend some amount of time studying each croffice section slowly and realize you have everything where you can lay your hands on what you want to work with. things are in collection groups. In studying yours Ive come up with my plan. My long table will join my office. I will put this together., thank you for your inspiration, My remaining books will move to my bedroom leaving the office bookcases for craft storage.
    Thanks, A fellow SABLE
    • Sandra Allen

I am happy to be your inspiration! Your plan sound solid and I hope you share with us when you are done!!

• Joanne Bertrand

It's beautiful...nice job, except maybe be careful about the heater behind the bed when it's on because it seems pretty close to your comforter...it does seem very cozy.