Monogrammed Summer Pots

I decorated these pots with colorful fabrics and mod podge! I even monogrammed one with vinyl from my Silhouette machine. It is so easy to spruce up your pots for the summer!

I've been wanting to try mod podging fabric on terra cotta pots for awhile! With floral being such a popular fabric right now, I decided upon two different floral fabrics at Hobby Lobby along with a spring green chevron fabric. I've also been really into HTV (heat transfer vinyl) lately and I was curious if I would be able to apply my monogram onto the fabric and then mod podge it to the pot without any wrinkles. Well, you know what? It worked and it was SO easy! These pots would make great gifts for a special friend in your life, Mother's Day, teacher appreciation, etc.

You can visit the link to my website below to see how to add a monogram to your pot.

How to Make Fabric Pots with Mod Podge:

You'll need three 4" terra cotta pots with lids, fabric, mod podge (I recommend the outdoor kind) and spray paint. You'll also need heat transfer vinyl if you plan to monogram them (not pictured).

I took the lids outside to spray paint them white. You can get creative with this and spray paint them an accent color or whatever you want to do. I purchased some little 'footies' at Lowes, which I put under the lids to hold them off the scrap paper while I spray painted them.

Measure your pot to see how how much fabric you need. I added an inch of fabric for the top and bottom, since you'll be wrapping the fabric over the top and bottoms of the pot.

Cut your fabric to the size you need for each pot. Don't forget to iron your fabric, so you don't have any creases or wrinkles.

Mod podging the fabric onto the pot is easier than you'd think! I did a little section at a time and would add some mod podge to the pot with a sponge brush and then roll the fabric on top and smooth out any wrinkles. When you're done, add some mod podge on top of the fabric that overlaps at the end so that it is sealed and won't come open.

You will have some overlap of fabric on the top and bottom of your pots. You'll want to take some fabric scissors and cut the fabric every 1" or so, otherwise it won't lay flat when you mod podge it to the top/bottom of the pot.

This is what your pot will look like when its done.

I hope you enjoyed this summer project! These are going to be so pretty out on our patio this summer!

• Fabric  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Mod podge  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Terra cotta pot  (Hobby Lobby)

25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I would think wooden planters would be ok, not sure about plastic, tho since it isn't a porous material...

• Lindy

These are REALLLY pretty. I think I will do this, but use as an accent on my counter for utensils and in my craft room! I would be uber upset if dirt got on my pretty pots, but that is just me. Great job!