Vintage Sewing Machine...Project#1

I purchased this vintage Domestic sewing machine for $40 on Craigslist. I have several vintage sewing machine tables so this one is going to be for multiple projects. Here is the first.
First thing I did was remove the sewing machine! Very heavy! I plan to make a table lamp from this at a later time.
I then disassembled the entire sewing machine.
I sanded the table top and added a 1x2 in the middle to mount the drawer bracket. I then stained the 1x2 and added a little stain to the lighter spots where I sanded the top.
I spaced out the drawers so that I would have room for my mason jars etc. I also added some cute metal number tags to the front of the drawer. I've been saving them for just something like this.
Here's the finished product.
Below is a picture of the shelf from the sewing table it is screwed in from behind just as it was on the sewing machine. I didn't want to damage the drawers so they are just sitting on the drawer slides. I can always disassemble and reuse the pieces for another project if I choose. I want everyone to know that I didn't come up with this idea all on my own. I saw something similar on Pinterest. I modified it to use what I had.

One old vintage Domestic sewing machine

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away

• Amber York
    Amber York

Is there a way to convert an older machine into a vanity for my bathroom? What would be needed to brace the top to hold the sink?

• Kate Bleakley DiRienzo
    Kate Bleakley DiRienzo

LOVE IT! I have my great Grand's Machine and this looks like something I could easily do to transform it. Question - The 1X2 - how did you mount that to the center? Did you use a bracket of some sort on the back? If you could post or provide that picture it would help with my R&D ( not research and development but Reuse and Duplicate!)

• Wanda Burt
    Wanda Burt

Why not fix machine? I have one n looking for ideas. But ur projects are pretty. N useful to n functional. Great job.

• Sandra Smith
    Sandra Smith

VERY, VERY CREATIVE, BEAUTIFUL AND PUT TO A GREAT PRACTICAL USE!

• Sewtime
    Sewtime

My husband bought a chair made from an old treadle machine for our 24th Anniversary! We are both quilters, so it is fitting for both of us. And is actually very comfortable!