Vintage Sewing Machine...Project#1

I purchased this vintage Domestic sewing machine for $40 on Craigslist. I have several vintage sewing machine tables so this one is going to be for multiple projects. Here is the first.
First thing I did was remove the sewing machine! Very heavy! I plan to make a table lamp from this at a later time.
I then disassembled the entire sewing machine.
I sanded the table top and added a 1x2 in the middle to mount the drawer bracket. I then stained the 1x2 and added a little stain to the lighter spots where I sanded the top.
I spaced out the drawers so that I would have room for my mason jars etc. I also added some cute metal number tags to the front of the drawer. I've been saving them for just something like this.
Here's the finished product.
Below is a picture of the shelf from the sewing table it is screwed in from behind just as it was on the sewing machine. I didn't want to damage the drawers so they are just sitting on the drawer slides. I can always disassemble and reuse the pieces for another project if I choose. I want everyone to know that I didn't come up with this idea all on my own. I saw something similar on Pinterest. I modified it to use what I had.

One old vintage Domestic sewing machine

• Amber York

Is there a way to convert an older machine into a vanity for my bathroom? What would be needed to brace the top to hold the sink?

• Kate Bleakley DiRienzo

LOVE IT! I have my great Grand's Machine and this looks like something I could easily do to transform it. Question - The 1X2 - how did you mount that to the center? Did you use a bracket of some sort on the back? If you could post or provide that picture it would help with my R&D ( not research and development but Reuse and Duplicate!)

• Wanda Burt

Why not fix machine? I have one n looking for ideas. But ur projects are pretty. N useful to n functional. Great job.

• Redcatcec

I have a similar sewing machine from Singer and it is dated to the turn of the century, However, it was in a transport accident and the cabinet suffered, leaving it with damage to the drawer support side pieces. This might be a good solution to something that is not repairable. Thank you!

• Sandra Smith

VERY, VERY CREATIVE, BEAUTIFUL AND PUT TO A GREAT PRACTICAL USE!