Create Your Own Bee Garden

Bees. They send people running in fear and swatting to get them away, when in fact, most bees will not sting unlike their flying counterparts the wasp. Bees, the great pollinators of the World are essential to our food source and without the existence of bees, mankind will fall as well. So, I have started creating small bee sanctuaries in my yard. I have small pots throughout my garden and lawn. But this year, I added a large area in the middle of my vegetable garden..welcome to my Bee Garden.
It's hard to believe I started with an empty box and dirt a few months ago.
But with lots of seeds and plants and water and TLC, I now have this.
At the center is my Bee Garden, filled with lots of Bee-loving plants and herbs.
The flowers attract the bees and provide food. Same as the herbs... sage, parsley and especially dill, just to name a few.
Like all living creatures, they need food, water and shelter. A Bee Bath provides water... (click on the link below to find out how I made this Bee Bath and also what is necessary for a Bee Bath to work.) *it's also great for Butterflies and Dragonflies.
Finally, I added the Bee House. Yes, there is such a thing. *(click on the link below to see the resource where I found this one, or see how you can easily craft your own.)
Even if you don't have a lot of space to dedicate to a garden or Bee Garden, I have shown you some ways to add smaller versions on your deck or patio.
*(click the link to see these ideas.)
Add your own cat. :-D
Please visit The Everyday Home for lots more Gardening, Decor, and DIY ideas. www.everydayhomeblog.com "finding joy in the everyday!"

The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• Erica Smith

I L♥️VE your Beeeeautiful garden!! I'm wanting to build Me a small garden to look like a small cottage garden. Love the containers and all the pretty pollinators! We desperately need to help our Bees and The Monarch Butterflies. They're slowly disappearing! TFS

*Blessings*

Erica Smith

• Judy

Love this! I have bee houses too and no issues with wasps. I like your design.