Teeny Tiny Master Bath Renovation

I had some water damage do to cracked tiles in the shower, so I got to designing, as the space is TINY and moving walls was not an option, as it is nestled between the kitchen, another bathroom, and the main vent stacks for sewer, gas, and HVAC. By going with white subway tile, beadboard wainscoting, and floor, the room feels a bit bigger than it actually is. To keep it from being too stark, I painted above the wainscoting a beautiful grey-blue. To add a vintage flair, and to keep from being matchy-matchy (I can't stand match-matchy. . .) I used all silver metal accents, but uses a mix of chrome, brushed nickle, and even some silver plate accessories. My color inspiration for the room came from a thrifted black and white photo of the Eiffel Tower. Find out more @ www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com or www.facebook.com/shabbyfrenchcottage !
See what I mean by TINY??? Doesn't mean you have to skimp on style!
The Eiffel Tower photo was my inspiration for the color scheme of the room. The medicine cabinet was $7.00 at a yard sale.
Shells, coral, and a mercury glass candle are corralled in a vintage silver plate tray on the back of the commode to break up the vast expanse of white and add a little more style to such a tiny space.
A vintage French Flower Bucket stands in for a waste basket.
I selected an over-sized mirror. By overlapping the wainscoting a bit, it draws your eye up and keeps you from thinking how small the room is. The mirror was $5.00 from Craigslist and used to be gold leafed. I gave it a French Grey wash to bring out all the detail.
Simple blinds and a sliver-grey valance is all the little window needed.
Subway tile add loads of character.
A tuxedo ruffled Rachael Ashwell shower curtain from Target helps soften the edges of this nearly monochromatic space.

Mikey F

• Beth

Really beautiful! The shine of the mercury glass and extra large mirror really helps to expand the space, too! What color is on the walls? I love it!