Turn your stairs into a work of art

When I I ripped off the old stairway carpet, I debated for two long years on what to do with the stairs. The 'old patina' showing up on the stairs from daily wear and tear fired up an idea... make them look as if they were made from old crates.

So I got to work creating stencils and painted them with craft paint. Adding creative things such as yardsticks for risers just added to the fun.
The stairs fool nearly everyone coming in thinking I spent a FORTUNE on them, when in reality, they were absolutely free.

Desiring the look of old crates, I created stencils with my signmaking equipment. The paint went directly on the original wood!
Eclectic yardstick risers and old license plates were added to jazz things up some.
No two stairs are alike.
No two stairs are alike.
Here's proof it's really paint on the original wood!
before
before
after
after
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Jennifer Thompson

I am in love with these stairs!!! They are gorgeous 💛💛💛!

• Cheryl @ Artzzle

You never fail to amaze! But this must've taken you FOR.EV.ER! Wow. Wishes to all for a wonderful weekend.