Make a $5 Balloon Cooler for Your Next Summer Party

$5

I'm throwing a party this weekend, and I was trying to brainstorm some smart way to keep the drinks cold that would cost me as little as possible. Instead of going to to a party supply store for party decorations, I made this super fun cooler as a centerpiece. All you need is a large vase (trifle dish, glass bowl, etc.) and some water balloons.

Step 1: Fill up Your Balloons
I filled up my balloons only a little bit because I wanted to have my vase filled with lots of colorful balloons. When I tied them off, I gave the knot an extra pull to make sure it wouldn't leak all over my freezer. Step 2: Freeze Your Balloons
I dried my balloons a little bit before putting them in the freezer, so that they wouldn't stick to themselves or each other. They need to freeze for a minimum of 4 hours but a whole day is better. Step 3: Add the Balloons and Drinks to Your Vase
I wanted to completely surround my drinks with the frozen balloons, so I first put down a layer of balloons before adding the bottle.
Then, I added the bottle and more balloons. And...it worked! My drinks stayed cool for hours.
I can't wait to try this trick for the party and really blow my guests away! It would work even better if my party theme was "Pops of Color!" Ooh, maybe I'll do that...
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Water Balloons  (Dollar Store)
  • Large Glass Vase (trifle dish, bowl, etc)  (Dollar Store)
  • Water

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers

• Pallet Man

Don't you have to remove most of the balloons if you want to put the beverage bottle back in with the frozen balloons ? I think I would fill the large container with the frozen balloons and ice water so I could push the beverage bottle back into the floating balloons.

• Teresa

I like the idea frozen balloons and water.
      Beautiful
  • Lesli Ward

Add water to the vase and balloons will make water cold. The water touches more areas of the drink bottle than just balloons alone, will make the drink even colder.
  • Tracy Ann

Balloons are terrible for the environment. There's got to be a better way. Maybe color ice cubes with food coloring?

• Lin Collins

Lighten up! She's not feeding them to the neighborhood birds! It's a rather good idea.

• Maggie Mitchell

just cutting off the tips after the knot gives them more of a ball, cleaner appearance...

• Sam

Though the idea seems great but balloons are very bad for the environment