Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets the Easy Way!

$5

A Hometalker recently told me that the best way to clean grimy cabinets is to put some dishwashing powder on a damp cloth and wipe off all the grime. In my house, we have a toddler and a preschooler (if you're wondering how this cabinet got so dirty, that's how!) so our cabinets get pretty grimy pretty fast. I tried out this cleaning tip and, I have to say, it was amazing!

Isn't that magic? So, back to how it all started...
Yep, I told you they were bad! Never underestimate the havoc two little girls can wreak on wooden cabinets. Anyway, here's what I did... Step 1: Gather Your Materials

I used a paper towel and some dishwashing powder. Whatever powder you have should work well enough to cut the grease. Step 2: Dampen a Cloth or Paper Towel
I held my paper towel under the faucet and added a little bit a water until it was nice and damp. Step 3: Sprinkle Powder on Your Paper Towel
Then, I scooped up some dishwashing powder and brought it on over to my paper towel.
I sprinkled on just a bit of dishwashing powder -- not even half a teaspoon is needed. Step 4: Wipe Your Dirty Surface
Next, I got to work cleaning. I say work, but the coarse texture of the dishwashing powder did all the scrubbing for me. After a quick wipe, all I had to do was brush off some loose powder.
Aaand that's it! After this little trick, my cabinets were amazingly clean and there were signs of little messy monsters.
The best part? You can actually use this trick on many different surfaces. I think I just found my new all-around degreaser!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Rosi Tornetto

Exactly what is dishwashing powder? I never heard o iit. Thanks
  • Nancy

How about dark real wood cabinets, don’t won’t to destroy them

• Laura Cooper

Nancy, wood prefers neutral cleaners. There are many options out there, but handwashing dish soap is usually on hand and a good option

• Jan

Will dishwasher liquid work?

• Sandy Eigler

I would say you could try if you haven't already but the powder has grit in it so that's why it would work best.

• Barbars

I guess Gail doesn’t have children.

• Doug Ice

Both dishwashing power & liquid has sand in them. I would not recommend this unless you want to ruin the finish.