Green Mirror Cleaner -- Using Old Newspapers!

$1

I got this great trick from my dear friend Cori. It's her favorite green cleaning trick -- she actually describes it as "life changing". She uses newspaper and water to clean her mirrors and windows. The newspaper takes off all the smudges, dirt, makeup etc. and doesn't leave any streaks behind. Easy eco cleaning, for the win!!

Step 1: Gather Your Materials
I balled up some leftover newspaper pieces and grabbed a spray bottle full of water.
This mirror looks like it's had some teenage girls using it. (Makeup and smudges EVERYWHERE!) Step 2: Spray on Some Water
I used a spray bottle filled with water, but you could also just flick some water on the mirror with a wet hand. Step 3: Wipe with Newspaper
Then, wipe your mirror with the crumpled up newspaper just as you would with a cloth and chemical cleaner.
I found that I didn't have to wipe so much -- and that streaks were nowhere to be found!
And that's it! This trick is teenage-girl proof! No all that's left is to enjoy that beautiful, smudge free reflection.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Newspaper
  • Water
  • Spray bottle (optional)  (Dollar Store)

• Jun6250205

I park my car under a tree for shade, when I got home my windshield have droplets of tree saps. Any suggestions how to clean it?

• Sighle Kujawa

You have a larger problem. The sap also goes on your car finish also. Best solution is to park elsewhere, or cover your whole car with a car cover. Above suggestions will probably all work for better or worse, but to avoid the problem altogether would be more desirable to me. Is the shade worth all the remedial labor? Hope this helps.
      Sighle Kujawa, Clarksville, TN
  • Glenn Smith

Did you write Jenny's number down before you cleaned it off of the mirror?

• MYRNA WOODS

Does it work on hard water spots on glass shower doors

• Beverly

Vinegar works for that. Use vinegar added to your water.

• Pamela Kirksey

It’s such a shame that a lot of people now read the newspaper on their computers or mobile devices, myself included. My mom taught me the newspaper hack and I’ve always found it to work like a charm! This is a great tip.

• Snowdiva

I get the newspaper every day. I enjoy just sitting in my rocker and relaxing by reading the paper...I dont get that from a computer. I use my computer but just not for the newspaper. We can have both.....

• Phyllis

I know this news paper works my grandma did that and That was when I was a kid that was a long time ago my mom did that and there is another way to clean them and windows to and That is bar soap and it works great on both ...