Wendy
Wendy
  • Sherwood, AR

Stickers

Catherine SmithDouglas Hunt

When I purchased my house the front yard had great grass and no stickers, now they have taken over. I have no idea how to get rid of them. We can't even walk in the yard without them getting stuck in the bottoms of our shoes and then tracking them in the house. Thanks in advance for any advise!

Wendy, your question is showing up under "cleaning and organization," but I assume you are referring to some weed in your lawn. Without knowing the type, it's difficult to recommend a course of action other to say that the best defense against weeds is a healthy lawn. I get a fair number of sand spurs in mine, but mowing generally keeps them in check. If you know the type of weed you have and the type of grass, you could seek out an appropriate herbicide.

• Catherine Smith

Some pictures of your problem would be a great help to see if we can pinpoint what you're dealing with. :)