Jacqueline Elaine
Jacqueline Elaine
  • Davenport, IA

Are there plants I can place around my patio to help keep bugs away?

Jacqueline ElaineShawntelTherese C
+3

I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the annoying bugs that attack me when I'm sitting on my patio. Any suggestions?
  • Beatrice Abfalter

I have back fill, and lavender was planted there, but it is straggly looking, help, want to save it cuz its under the bedroom window, but it is struggling there, I know it likes well drained soil, but it needs food too!

I think a fan would be more effective than anything you could plant. For all the talk about citronella, even that isn't really very effective.

• Jacqueline Elaine

This was a question posted under my question regarding a different subject. Hoping Beatrice finds an answer because I don't have one to help her!

• Therese C

LEMON GRASS!!! It keeps mosquitoes and gnats away very well.

• Shawntel

This year I have been having good luck with Mosquito Shocker™ (largonium-crispum) in Minnesota. Fewer bugs than past years and fewer than the neighbors. I have 2 plants in pots on a 16'x20' deck.

• Jacqueline Elaine

Thank you for all of your suggestions! I'm going to give these a try!