Debi M
Debi M
  • Washington, NC

Anyone know the name of this lily?

Mary cJud7872415Lisa
+20

I forgot to write down the name of this lily in my garden book ;-( Hope someone can help me
My unknown lily
My unknown lily
  • Debi M

Here is a close up of the lily, hope this helps!

• Bette K

it is a daylily

• Debi M

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas. I don't think so because it hasn't closed

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

It sort of looks like a Ming Toy Daylily, but can't really tell. How tall is it?

• Debi M

3 ft high

It rminds me of the daylily "Pardon Me," a prolific bloomer. But there are a lot of daylilies in that color family.

• Erica Glasener

Douglas tells the story, with daylilies there are hundreds and hundreds of selections so it's hard to know unless you get a named variety. Great color! It would look good with some dark salvias.

• Aric V

looks like a 'high blaze' daylily, Hemerocallis

• Diana G

Agree with Douglas...looks like pardon me

• 3 Elle Canny Creations

I agree that it looks like Pardon Me.

• Cathy Murphy

I have a few of these but don't know the name. I went out the other day to cut a couple for my table and they were GONE! Something ate them. There were no tracks around anywhere. They looked like they were cut off clean. Any ideas what got them?

• Doris Martin

There are several companies that sell lilies and if you go online you can probably find it at one of these sites. Good Luck.

• Bonnie Krebs Bartha

We had some and they were labeled star gazer lilies......

• Lyda Maria Caroley

hemerocallis...

• Anna Mae Hanley

They are daylillies. They only bloom for one day, hence the name. As far as the color, I do not know.

• ObiaMan

Definitely a daylilly. Probably a number of red ones that would look very similar with different names. All my "orange" ones are coming out right now. I love daylillies. They just keep spreading year after year.

• Chris Betts

I'm almost positive it's a day lily. I have one like it but doesn't get that tall. It's nothing like a stargazer. Those have lots of small leaves all the way up it's stalk and smell very fragrant. Mostly pink and white with a bloom the shape of an Easter lily. Powerful scent!

• Ann-TX8

Looks like my red "Volunteer"...(it's not a voluneer daylily, that's just its name).

• FRED RIGGS

Looks like a day lily. Very beautiful in bloom which doesn't last very long at all.

• Lisa

I believe it is a red volunteer. Try looking online and just enter red daylily. You are the best judge.

• Jud7872415

It's a day Lily, they are beautiful in big bunches~ plant several in a group~ the down side is their blooms only last a day. The greenery is also pretty around other flowers.

• Mary c

This is a day lily. Check out Gilbert Wild nursery catalog for the name by color