My Colorful Kitchen

We remodeled our 1980's generic split level house little by little. The kitchen was my heart, my vision. I wanted pops of color combined with neutral backdrops. Here's the lovely before with just a couple of new appliances.
Here's the glorious before!
We started by ripping off the floor. Unlike every Youtube video, the "luan" that was under the floor just shredded into millions of pieces when we were ripping it off. It took two days to rip out the old floors.
We laid the tile down and added the top cabinets
We added the Mother of Pearl tile backsplash that I found on Amazon. This stuff is just gorgeous! Just beautiful, pretty easy to install. It smells like burning hair when you are cutting it. You don't need a tile saw, you just need a Dremel tool for this.
Mother or Pearl tile for the Backsplash
Here's the MoP backsplash all done!
I splurged a little for Moen Motionsense faucet. I love it so much! I wouldn't trade if for anything.
I wanted open cabinet for glasses and dishes. It was by far the best design decision. It also gave me an excuse to buy pretty cups.
I bought this shelving from an etsy seller. These are decorative shelves, meant for light things. They are glossy!
A pretty chandelier and a glossy pantry door fulfills my addiction of gloss.
A $40 wine fridge made my wine/coffee island. That's all this girl needs in life....coffee and wine :)
I painted the pantry door with Fine Paints of Europe's Tulip Red
Here's the view of the dining room from the kitchen
I love my island-less kitchen. Three people can easily function in there and hustle back and forth to run the food to family and teenagers without bumping into anything.

Sucheta

• Dianne Ward

Does the Mother of Pearl tile have to be grouted?

• Gloria Bogdan

Do you know the name of the tile manufacturer? It is just what I'm hoping for, for my back splash!

• Michelle Carlos

Are the cabinets all wood or Osb boxes?

• Sucheta

I don't think they are wood. They are Home Depot stock cabinets. We splurged on the MoP, the Quartz counters and the faucet etc. We used cheap cabinets. Maybe eventually I'd upgrade to nicer ones.

• Gainorhillegass

Did you hire a contractor?

• Gainorhillegass

Wow! You DIY a lot then. Nicely done! I like so many features of the outcome. I'm still back in the 70s and 80s with farmhouse styles, so this was an interestingly decor to see you tackle. When My husband and I were in our thirties, we did redid a 4 story 100 year old brick house, including designing and installing a new kitchen. It was a lot of work, painting, wallpapering, sanding/refinishing hardwood floors. We redid every room, even the basement. Did the same in next house, etc. Now I'm 71 and wonder how we DID ALL THAT! Enjoy the fruits of your labors now!

• BNB

Marvelous! Love the colors. Congrats on a good job.

• Joanie

I love that crystal ceiling light.......it has such a classy look!!