White Oak Studio Designs
White Oak Studio Designs
  • Pullman, MI

VINTAGE Birds Eye Maple, Turn-of-the-Century Dresser

I bought this dresser off a truck (a long story) from a gal who had just bought it at auction. I paid $25.00 for it. It was stripped, sanded heavily, painted and Restore-a-Finished (like stain) and Howards Bee Wax and Conditioner and painted using CeCe Caldwell's Michigan Pine and CCC Aging Creme. Plus a big chunk was filled on the top and that is why it is painted. I replaced two drawer pulls with vintage pulls I bought and added paper in drawers. This was a real intense restoration project that took weeks! Will be posting details and photographs about this project on my blog tomorrow 7/9/13.
Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SWMichiganHand-Painted Vintage Furniture Transformations
Blog: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.comFacebook: donnaallgaierlamberti@facebook.com (for portfolioof chalk painted work)
Bird's Eye Maple Dresser Transformation. Chalk paint is CeCe Caldwell's Michigan Pine.
Curved front dressers are so graceful! Add to that gorgeous Bird's Eye Maple and you have a real winner!
I adore the photo staging process as much as the restoration process.
Found this country plaid wrapping paper to line the drawers.
Lightly distressed, carved details on a lovely leg that ends in metal rollers. They don't make them like this anymore!
Photo collage of various view of the Bird's Eye Dresser.