Joy elliott
Joy elliott
  • Rockville, VA

Jewel weed

Joy elliottPegDouglas Hunt

does anyone grow jewel weed. I'm trying to find some seeds that don't cost an arm and a leg
Have a Blessed Day
Joy

Those are not easy to find, Joy. I looked on Dave's Garden and neither of the two sources of seeds actually had them. I did, however, find one source of plants: http://shootingstarnursery.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=880

• Peg

I have jewel weed/touch-me-nots growing wild all along my stream. Had it on my other property too. I don't get rid of it because I use it for poison ivy protection. I literally rub the juicy stems of the plant on my arms and legs and it really works on keeping the toxic sap of poison ivy from giving me a nasty rash. I've been asked for seeds, but it is hard to catch them at the right time. The seed pods are so sensitive they pop when you disturb them, like the impatiens seed pods if you've ever seen them, from the same genus. It would be easier to dig up baby plants then try to collect seeds!

• Joy elliott

Thanks so much for the advise