Ann S
Ann S
  • Albany, GA

Mushrooms

how do i get rid of these? they smell awful to say the least.they keep coming up in my flower beds
mushroom
mushroom

• Runaway Ruth

How to get rid of those mushroom fungus in my flower beds

• Jhh3229659

I have mushrooms growing in mulch and in the raised garden bed and other areas in my yard. I asked at the garden center yesterday what works to get rid of the mushrooms and was told to use lime on them. I haven't tried that yet but it's next to do. I really hope it works.

• Anita Elaine

The Lowe's mulch has been spreading these Phallus mushrooms across the country. Uproot, put baking soda in hole, and keep going until they stop popping up! Always wear gloves with them. Some people are quick to rash out.

• Rosel Kynast

As I was weeding and cleaning the flower bed I noticed the mushroom also. I'm so glad that I did not tough them, and also so glad that Anita posted wearing gloves. I will pulled them and put baking soda in the hole,where should I put the pulled out mushrooms, not the compost, I think. Are they poison, if yes the garbage would be out ,also. Hope some-one will know !