Kayla Blatnick
Kayla Blatnick
  • Salt Lake City, UT

I need help in painting the in side of some kitchen cabinets

Shabby PaintsPro Skill ConstructionKaden

the in side are Particle board, with nothing on it. I was thinking to paint but not sure what kind. Have any ideas.
  • Kaden

I just painted my kitchen a few months ago. Painted the bottom half a soft grey and the top half a soft yellow. But then came the quandry of what to do with the inside, to look as fresh as the exterior. After lots of debates with hubby (partical board soaks up paint, even with a primer), our daughter mentioned she saw on Pinterest (of course) someone wallpapering the inside of their kitchen cabinets. Several hours of searching later, I decided on a white paintable textured wallpaper. Yes, wallpaper does come paintable. Not too difficult to install. As it is not on a long wall, matching pattern was not needed. I even wrapped the partical board shelves too. Now the inside looks as clean and fresh as the outside cabinets. And I did lots of purging, making my cabinets look even better inside.

• Pro Skill Construction

Great suggestion, Kaden - that's a perfect solution. You can certainly paint but will likely need several coats of high quality, oil based primer!

• Shabby Paints

Chalk paint works great on particle board. Two coats of a non toxic chalk paint will cover it up with no priming. I paint cheap particle board "treasures" all the time. You can also use fabric on the back and bottom if you use an outdoor fabric. The back of this hutch is done with fabric using fabric spray to adhere...it's like textured wallpaper. ;) Whatever you use think about the toxins it will release for the next 10 years. Message me if you need help. Shannon

i need help in painting the in side of some kitchen cabinets, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, painting