My Large Landscape Project

Last fall, I decided to have all the bushes in the front and back yard removed. They were overgrown and large. I always wanted a patio in front of the house and an extruded concrete border around the front and back yard. I think the transformation is turning out great.
I had all bushes in front and yard removed removed.
The front walkway looked horrible with all the weeds.
I installed a patio in the front of the house with patio blocks and then had an extruded concrete border put in with a stamped brick design. I added the plants, the solar-operated bird bath, solar garden lights, and iron furniture.
I added iron window flower boxes and planted gerbera daisies, geraniums, and verbena.
I had different vareties of hosta plants along the front walk, installed two large urns at the end of the walkway with red geraniums, vinca vine, and purple wave petunias.
I had a damaged old concrete birdbath. I placed it in the center of my backyard and made a planter out of it and placed different varieties of hosta around the base.
I had no place to set in an shade in my backyard, so I had a Sunsetter retractable awning installed with patio lights.
Another view of backyard with my new Sunsetter awning.
Squash plants and tomato plants by backyard patio.
My veggie garden along the back fence in backyard.
I had an iron fence and gate installed so that people walking by my home can view the side yard.
This started out with a clean slate.....nothing was there after all the bushes were removed. After I had the cobblestone walkway put in, I went to work on the plantings. I still have to plant the flowering trees and sink the stones.
My front patio 2016
Entrance to my side yard.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous

• Eroque022810
    Eroque022810

We might have a similar facing home with shade in front so north facing and sun in back south facing? I have a blistering hot backyard. I checked into those awnings but they just don't come out enough for me but yours looks great and I'm in love with what you did with front yard. It makes it so inviting. With all your little personal touches you can tell that you take great pride in your home and it looks great.

• Judy4justice
    Judy4justice

You've done a beautiful job! I am a single woman too and have loved doing my yard.It's hard work but so worth it.Enjoy your yard and give yourself a well deserved pat on the back!

• HoopHasIt
    HoopHasIt

Wow! You did a great job! I can totally say same as @Judy4justice1