GLORIA  SANCHEZ
GLORIA SANCHEZ
  • Sacramento, CA

WHAT TO USE TO CLEAN MY BATHTUB?

Robin wrightJemma DeeDfm
+17

I USE CLOROX AND ALOT OF DIFFERENT CLEANERS AND I CANT SEEM TO GET MY TUB CLEAN PLS HELP...THANK YOU
  • David Horle

We use Bar Keepers Friend. Has been around for a long time like comet but not as abrasive. Here is a link to their website. http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/

• Hamtil Construction LLC

What type of tub? It could be that the finish is failed and the staining is below the surface? I would also suggest Bar Keepers Friend as David did, or Bon Ami to clean. We use Bon Ami per recommendation of American Standard on their tubs. Takes a bit of scrubbing at times, but works without harsh abrasives.

• Robert F Ferris Jr.

hmm baking soda

• Peg

Gloria, is it an old tub? What type of stains? Rust? Hard water issues? Or just soap scum build up?

• Linda

Try paste of baking soda and bleach. Smear on surface and smile in amazement!

• Connie

I use toilet bowl cleaner. Yep I said that but we have iron in our water and nothing works but that. I use "the works" from the dollar store. Squirt it on and use a toilet brush )just for tub) to scrub it around. Then use an old sponge to get it to the areas the brush does not get too. USE CAUTION and have lots of air in the room or cover your nose and mouth this is strong stuff. I step out for a bit each time and go back in. May sound bad but I don't so it often and it really does the job lickety split. Then I keep on it with a good old fashioned wiope down in between heavy clean ups. It also take grease and rust off driveways.

• KrysFL

Need to know type of stain.....

• Bullseye Properties, LLC.

"Mr. Clean Eraser Pad" takes grime and dirt off most surfaces. You'll find it in grocery stores. Kroger's has it next to SOS Pads and other cleaning sponges. Good Luck.

• Lindsey Turner Crouch

For soap scum spray a mixture of equal parts vinegar and dish soap, let sit for a few minutes, then it should wipe off with minimal scrubbing (repeat if there are stubborn parts). For mineral stains/deposits you can saturate a rag or paper towel with vinegar and lay it over the stained part. Let it sit for half an hour or so, and you should find that the stain comes off pretty easily. If not all comes off, cover again with the vinegar-soaked cloth and let sit for another half hour or so. Magic erasers are also good, but not quite as cost effective. The Dollar Tree has a knock-off version of the magic eraser that seems to work about as well as the Mr. Clean brand, but it's a lot less expensive.

• Alouette Borges

I've been using the blue Lysol Toilet cleaner for over 20 years on the bathtub and toilet. Otherwise, they would be orange by now...instead of white.

• Bonnie Lewenza

You can go green and use some tree tea oil and vinegar to disinfect, or if you need a bit of scrubbing power use vinegar and baking soda. Your bathroom will sparkle and the baking soda does not scratch.

• Joan Gondeck

Some tubs are beyond cleaning. I tried everything on our tub to no avail, including all those mentioned above. It was too expensive for us to replace the tub so I had it resurfaced with Miracle Method. While it wasn't cheap, my tub has been in a like new condition for almost five years now.

• Kim Kilmer

When I moved into my house my 1950's retro bathroom needed some help. I scrubbed with everything known to man, or so I thought! The one product that cut right through all that built up gunk was liquid toilet bowl cleaner. Went to Home Depot and bought the biggest bottle I could find and it worked wonders. I haven't had to do it again since. Regular washing has kept it up nice.

• Myrna Phelps

I have had great success with Bar Keepers Friend and a bath pouf ( the kind you bathe with). Good Luck!

• RENEE HARTNETT

i always use hot water, white vinegar, and dawn dish soap in a spray bottle. Nothing takes the soap scum off like this stuff does. Good luck

• Michelle O'Sullivan Kennedy

I also use the water, vinegar, & dish soap. If it's a tough stain, I use straight vinegar, then scrub with an SOS pad. Keep in mind, some tubs may scratch! Mine is a house builder grade scratch resistant one!

• Dfm

hum... what is staining the tub? orange is rust aka iron, blue/ green is copper, hard water spots are white or cream. soap scum has a waxy feel. vinegar is a mild acid it will take care of water spots & lime build up . krud cutter has a product for rust/ iron build up. took the orange off the tub in about 10 min. toilet bowel cleaner can remove a lot of stains, but be careful and use gloves. with any cleaners, do a test patch in a not obvious spot.

• Jemma Dee

I once bought a house that its tub had a horrendous bathtub ring. Tried everything to get it clean with no success. Finally had to use muriatic acid to clean it. If you go that route, make sure you have very good ventilation.

• Robin wright

This is the best cleaner for the tub! Mix 1 C. Dawn and 1 C. Cleaning vinegar. Yes there is a cleaning vinegar...who knew? It will dissolve soap scum like no one's business! Wish I could claim it as my own but can't. But I'll share!