Bonnie Graves
Bonnie Graves
  • Searcy, AR

Gardening

Bonny GravesNancy FennellDouglas Hunt

I saw some posts on here somewhere about Epsom salt and adding it to tomato and pepper plants. Does anyone know if it really works and how much would you add? I have tomato plants growing but aren't producing and something is eating my pepper plants. Thanks for the help!

Epsom salts add magnesium to the soil, Bonnie. If you don't have a magnesium deficiency, you will not see significant results. Are your tomato plants getting enough sun?

• Nancy Fennell

One teaspoon per foot plant height every two weeks for tomatoes and roses according to the epsom salts I have. It does work very well, but I have heavy clay soil and the magnesium really helps.

• Bonny Graves

My soil is not that great. I tried the epsom salts and it does seem to be helping my tomato plants. I am finally getting some tomatoes on them! I have had tons of blooms with no tomatoes until now.