Coastal Scarf Wreath

This may be the easiest wreath I've ever made! It can be made for under $10 in about 10 minutes. I love how simple it is and it gives me the coastal look I wanted in a summer wreath.
A couple of months ago, I was looking around at various items at Dollar Tree. I wasn't looking for anything in particular on that visit, but when I spotted these scarves with a coastal design of sea shells, I bought five of them. I used a coupon at Michaels for the straw wreath form.
I started the wreath by wrapping the end of one of the scarves around and tying it off. The next steps? Wrap each of the scarves around the wreath and use pearl head pins to keep it in place. How easy is that?
I left the scarves slightly loose as I wound them around the wreath and bunched it along the way.
Using some wired ribbon I had on hand, I looped it around the wreath and tied it off into a bow. I added small pieces of ribbon to add loops to the bow and pinned them in place.
I looked through baskets of shells I have and decided to use this craft star fish as an embellishment. It's hot glued in place.
I often see seasonal scarves at Dollar Tree, so I'm going to be making more of these easy wreaths for various holidays.
Find some pretty scarves at the dollar store and add a simple bow, a little embellishment and you'll have a pretty, inexpensive and easy wreath!
To see more easy, inexpensive coastal decor ideas, please visit our blog.

• Straw wreath form 14"  (Michaels)
  • Scraves (5)  (Dollar Tree)
  • Pearl Head Pins

15 Perfectly Round Tables
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Very pretty! I love those scarfs at Dollar Tree. They make pretty bows, too.
  • Joanie
    Joanie

Your wreath caught my eye!! The way you wrapped the material in a bunch around it. It wasn't 1 wrap....and keep goin'.....you gave it some thickness and a look that stands out!! It is gorgeous!!