Peggy
Peggy
  • Bridgeport, OH

How do I remove the bright purple ink stamp on treated lumber?

Tanya ragnoneTriciaPeggy
+1

I have tried, baking soda paste, nail polish remover, toothpaste, vinegar , OOPS, hairspray, to none have touched the ink. Lowes said sand it off. Have any ideas anyone?
  • KMS Woodworks

Its ink, alcohol will lighten it but sanding is the best method. This is one of my pet peeves...seeing grade stamps on finished projects. I wondering though what you are building...treated lumber is very soggy and will tend to shrinks and move about a LOT when used for furniture. Treated lumber is best used just for structural issues on decks and such.

• Peggy

thanks for your reply..we are replacing a part of our deck.

• Tricia

Sanding is best if you don't want to do that go to Home Depot and get a liquid sander just pour it on the stamped area and let it soak in.. Just follow the directions on the bottle it's very easy.

• Tanya ragnone

Sanding treated lumber is not safe, it contains toxins that can cause cancer