Judy G
Judy G
  • Hope Valley, RI

Anyone have a pattern for a pet cover for a sofa or chair?

Jon2401056Sherri Smith MillerZ
+22

I looked at the store bought variety but they don't come in a color or fabric pattern that would look nice, so I'm on the hunt for ways to make my own. The big 3 pattern companies don't have them. Also, what fabric and batting would be most stain resistant and resilient to multiple washings? Thanks!
  • Z

@Judy G I saw that no one was helping so when I couldn't find one online I drew up a patter for you. Since sofas vary in size you'll have to do the measuring, but this should help.

q anyone have a pattern for a pet cover for a sofa or chair, painted furniture, reupholster
    • Cathyfrn

I went to the local thrift store and bought a beautiful gently used queen sized quilted bedspread for $6. It's just enough fabric to cover a love seat and chair.

• Judy G

Thank you so much Becky! I just posted yesterday so didn't know how long it takes to get help.. I really appreciate that!

• Judy G

That is awesome! I'm lucky to draw a straight line on the computer! thanks again!

• Z

You're so welcome Judy. I'm a seamstress and have drawn up many wood working plans for things around our home so I put the two skills together and used Windows Paint program to draw it up for you. Please take notes and pictures while making it so you can share the results here on Hometalk for others to see. I know I'd love to see it.

• Judy G

Will do!

• Z

Please tag me so I'll be sure to see it.

• Linda

Would love to see the pattern as well. I've been looking for one to make.

• Z

@Linda, I drew a pattern with instructions in my first comment. You're welcome to use it.

• Linda

Got it, thank you so much Becky!

• Michelle Montague

Curious if this pattern worked. I'm looking for a pattern to have my mother make a cover for my worn out microfiber couch. Structurally it's really sound, but to have it for a renter, it should look better. But I can't find a pattern anywhere online, except here.

• Judy G

Hi Michelle, I haven't made it yet.. I'm not a real 'go getter' on projects..so far behind on so much.. it sure looks like it will work great and I am planning on getting it done this winter...

• Z

@Judy G, did you ever get one of these made?

• Sherri Smith Miller

I just found this. . . I was searching for just this kind of pattern! I want to make one out of of old jeans. This is awesome, thanks! I plan to use quilt batting and a sheet for the underside.

• Jon2401056

Dear Becky & Sherri - I just found this too - and I will borrow the quilt batting and sheet suggestion too - 1,000 thanks Jean - CT

• Nan

Hi Shene-did you make your cover using a quilt yet? If yes, what do you suggest to keep the back and seat tucked in place? I was thinking of ties underneath but not sure how to do that.