Jayme
Jayme
  • Bellaire, MI

Discovered....a Secret Spot Off the Beaten Path

As I was wandering around outside of my vegetable garden and just outside of the where we stop mowing I discovered a very cool little place under a walnut tree.
This is a picture of a walnut tree that grows in our field.  We did not plant this tree - it is a volunteer.  It has more than likely grown from a load of wood that my husband brought home from his business.
This is a picture of a walnut tree that grows in our field. We did not plant this tree - it is a volunteer. It has more than likely grown from a load of wood that my husband brought home from his business.
last year we discovered that this tree is a "fruit bearer".  I love walnuts.
last year we discovered that this tree is a "fruit bearer". I love walnuts.
This is the very cool, very secret place under the walnut tree that I discovered a couple of days ago.  I can see "new secret garden" written all over this.
This is the very cool, very secret place under the walnut tree that I discovered a couple of days ago. I can see "new secret garden" written all over this.
This Fall after the tree is done bearing fruit, hubby is going to trim it up and clean around it a bit so that we can walk around comfortably underneath it.
I can see some very nice shade plants, a rustic bench and some potted plants sitting around under here

• Lisa

Walnuts are great, but I suggest before planting that you 'search' Walnut Tree toxicity so that you don't purchase plants that the juglone will kill. This will look wonderful once you're done!

• Marie S

snowball tree does good and flowers: tuilp columbine,