My Favorite (Natural) Ways to Control Aphids in My Vegetable Garden!

Tiny and fierce marauders, aphids completely destroyed my okra plants my first year of gardening. Blasting them with water helps a little, ladybugs can help a lot if you can convince the little darlings to stick around. But there are two other methods I have found very successful. See the photos below for more information. For even more ideas, visit my blog post, "5 Ways to Say, 'Get Lost, Aphids!'" What
This is my go-to method. Simply chop banana peel and place them just under the soil line around the stem of the plant. This has cut down significantly on the number of aphids on my plants. Plus, it adds some nutrients to the soil.
Aphids like to hang out on the underside of leaves. Placing foil around the base of your plants will reflect light onto the aphids, which they don't like. Just be careful. Too much light reflected upwards might scorch the plant leaves.
Becky - Clover and Thyme

• Frank

it is one gallon of water, one cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide, and one Table spoon of dish soap or any sticking agent. Doesn't mater how much you put on the plants it wont hurt them. Squash bugs and ear wicks you have to hit them directly.

• Lisa Sinclair

Banana peels are a great nutrient for rose bushes, i didn't realize they helped to keep the aphids off too! Planting marigolds in your garden is a great pest deterrent too. Bugs deer,bunnies, no one but us humans seems to like the smell. And if you plant basil on your garden ,and ally thwm to flower, you'll attract beneficial bugs to the garden.