My Favorite (Natural) Ways to Control Aphids in My Vegetable Garden!

Tiny and fierce marauders, aphids completely destroyed my okra plants my first year of gardening. Blasting them with water helps a little, ladybugs can help a lot if you can convince the little darlings to stick around. But there are two other methods I have found very successful. See the photos below for more information. For even more ideas, visit my blog post, "5 Ways to Say, 'Get Lost, Aphids!'" What
my favorite natural ways to control aphids in my vegetable garden, gardening, homesteading, pest control, This is my go to method Simply chop banana peel and place them just under the soil line around the stem of the plant This has cut down significantly on the number of aphids on my plants Plus it adds some nutrients to the soil
This is my go-to method. Simply chop banana peel and place them just under the soil line around the stem of the plant. This has cut down significantly on the number of aphids on my plants. Plus, it adds some nutrients to the soil.
my favorite natural ways to control aphids in my vegetable garden, gardening, homesteading, pest control, Aphids like to hang out on the underside of leaves Placing foil around the base of your plants will reflect light onto the aphids which they don t like Just be careful Too much light reflected upwards might scorch the plant leaves
Aphids like to hang out on the underside of leaves. Placing foil around the base of your plants will reflect light onto the aphids, which they don't like. Just be careful. Too much light reflected upwards might scorch the plant leaves.
Becky - Clover and Thyme

• Frank

it is one gallon of water, one cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide, and one Table spoon of dish soap or any sticking agent. Doesn't mater how much you put on the plants it wont hurt them. Squash bugs and ear wicks you have to hit them directly. And in the fall if you are expecting a frost just soak down the plants that you want to save and they won't freeze. Good luck and happy gardening. If you want your veg ies and fruits to taste like they used to check out this web site, us;rem.com,works great and now you have healthy vegies.

• Frank

it is one gallon of water, one cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide, and one Table spoon of dish soap or any sticking agent. Doesn't mater how much you put on the plants it wont hurt them. Squash bugs and ear wicks you have to hit them directly.