Large Art in a Small Space.

Turning an ugly built in cabinet into, The Focal Part, of the room.
Before. These cheap pre fab cabinets were our this weeks challenge.
We did just a slight sanding and then used Oil based primer on the whole piece.
When painting in a small area it is always a plus when you can paint large pieces the same color of the walls.
These cabinet doors go all the way to the ceiling so we lowered the design to bring your eye down.
The difference is already amazing.
But this design makes this space pop!

• Acrylic paint and Water Base Sealer  (Local hardware store)
  • Oil base Primer .

3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Everything Red For Canada Day
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous

• SYL27902151
    SYL27902151

Wow, thank you for sharing such a GREAT idea!! Did you do the same for all the kitchen cabinets? Or just those?
    • Sarah Schulner
      Sarah Schulner

Just those . They did not match any of the other cabinets. So instead of trying to blend them in, we decided to make them stand out. It really transformed the look of this small kitchen.
  • Yarnmiss
    Yarnmiss

as I do not have the artistic skill to draw/paint this, can I use an adhesive (contact paper) design instead?? then maybe a clear coat of semi-gloss to seal it

• Yarnmiss
    Yarnmiss

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

OMG is all I can say. Never ever would have thought to do something like this on cabinet doors. The look is lovely and really adds to your kitchen. I am sure that you get so much happiness with your flower garden kitchen. This definitely would make me want to spend more time cooking. This is a job to be very proud of. Thank you for sharing your beautiful kitchen idea.

• Sarah Schulner
      Sarah Schulner

Thank you Linda. It sure was a fun project. I love original pops of surprise in small spaces don't you?

• Jackie Sylvia
    Jackie Sylvia

OMG this is so beautiful, I have a real small kitchen but I think I'm going to try this. Maybe add a hummingbird and butterfly in memory of my sister that loved both so much. Thank you for the idea!!!