Sheryl S
Sheryl S
  • Quinlan, TX

Daffodils

Erica Glasener360 Sod (Donna Dixson)Sheryl S
+1

I have new flower beds. Early this spring I put out daffodils just to have some color. Now they are dying back and I don't how to cover them up until I can cut off the tops. Ugly brown/green tops. I normally just have them in the yard in a natural setting. What should I do? North Texas area. 7B zone.
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

You have a couple of options. Depending on the amount. You can braid them , or bend and twist them and tie them one of their blades. Or you can hide them with a planting of something else.

• Sheryl S

They are right at the front door. No room to plant anything else. I'll try tying them up but they are pretty sad looking. Thank you for you help.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

You are welcome!

• Erica Glasener

Sheryl, once a third of the daffodil foliage is yellow you can cut back all the foliage to the ground and they should be fine, with blooms next year! This advice is straight from Brent Heath, daffodil expert of Brent and Becky's Bulbs.